Scammed? Get a Free Consultation![forminator_form id="6039"]
Health and beauty product scams are majorly the ones where the products or services are sold at a relatively less price. These products and services also claim immediate effects such as weight loss in a short span of time, glowing skin within a week, acne treatments, etc. The beauty care industry, particularly the skincare sector is said to be full of false claims and treatments. Millions of fake advertisements consisting of appealing and effective beauty products are run on television and social media platforms, feeding the insecurities of people.
Beware of the beauty product scams –
These health and beauty scammers often approach their target through the means of email, cold calling techniques, through social media b showing influencing and attractive before and after pictures. Seeing the results, the customers fall into the trap and end up being cheated.
Advertising the cures related to health like baldness, weight loss, cancer, etc are majorly fraudulent deals. These cures are not as early as they suggest. These advertisements are not legit and you may often not get any results and end up losing your money.
The cause of concern here lies in that innocent customer’s losses their money by believing this beauty treatment as true and achieving faster results. Along with the loss of funds, these products also harm your skin and body that will lead to again another reaction. These reactions can be anything in the form of marks, weight gain, hair loss, etc.
Things to Consider while Purchasing Beauty Products/Treatments –
- Avoid buying health or beauty-related products from online stores which are new and have no reviews on them. The non-reputable retailer can anytime run away after taking the payment from you.
- Do not believe in the unsolicited email from an unknown beauty product company. Make sure about its authenticity by asking and confirming from trusted sources and experienced professionals.
- many times, attractive beauty shop websites are actually operated by scammers. Once you select a product and enter your card details for the payment, they hack the system and gather your personal information making you a victim of identity theft or card fraud.
- Check up on all the terms and conditions of the products before buying. Anything that sounds suspicious or irrelevant should be avoided to prevent yourself and your money.
- Several subscriptions are offered by the online stores if you make a purchase from them once. It is advised to check your bank accounts regularly to make sure if the unwanted or unreliable subscription is going on and deducting from your account.
- Do not make a purchase in hurry. Ask for some time from the seller to gain information and do research on the product. Make a purchase only after considering everything. A genuine person will definitely give you time to think about the purchase.
- Look out for the physical address of the company, location, phone number, owner, review, and what other clients are saying about their products. It gives you a hint on how genuine the firm is and how effective its products are.
Where to Contact –
As discussed above, beauty product scams not only lead to the loss of funds, it also can adversely affect the health and skin of the individual. It is advisable to be extra cautious before believing any product and trying it out.
If you think you have been scammed or victimized by any person or seller, there exist a number of fund recovery agencies to help you out in regaining your funds back. We, Fraud Reports Online are one such fund recovery firm operating with the objective of helping the victims of these kinds of fraud. We guide the victims of several scams such as forex scams, crypto scams, romance scams, investment scams, etc in recovering their funds by offering them the best possible solutions.
Read Latest News on our Twitter Page